University of Texas at Austin
Bachelor of Business Administration Decree 1981
Major: International Business
Life Member University of Texas Ex-Students Association
Graduated Center High School 1977
Member National Honor Society and other Clubs and Groups
For the past 25 years I have worked for C&R Refrigeration, Inc. in sales and day-to-day management. Sales of industrial refrigeration and ice making equipment to Mexico, Central and South America. C&R Refrigeration is a 40+-year-old family business with 40 employees. I have worked to develop new markets and products to offer clients, while expanding sales.
C&R Refrigeration Inc.
June 1981 to Present
Stockholder and President
Products sold: compressors, valves, controls, ice plants, motors, condensers, and vessels; Complete plants and individual components. ASME coded vessel shop, steel fabrication of all types, field service and repair work.
President, C&R Refrigeration: Domestic and International Sales.
Owner, Reeves Farms: 600 acres cow/calf operation and pine tree farm.
Owner-President: Reeves Industries, Inc., Corporation based on diversified Real Estate holdings, involving service sector of the economy.
Married to Sheilah Ann (Adams) Reeves who was born and raised in Shelby County. Three Children: Chelsea Ann Reeves, 17, Abby Olivia Reeves, 15, and Robert Adam Reeves, 8. Active in the community and church. Hobbies include tennis, hunting, working on family farm where we live. Birth date: August 21, 1959, Shelby County, TX. 7th generation Texan.
COMMUNITY SERVICE And HONORS
Member First Baptist Church, Center TX
Member Sons of Republic of Texas
Royal Ambassador Mission Youth Leader boys 4,5,6th Grade
1991-1992 Organized a project and coordinated through Texas Baptist Men to purchase medical equipment for Shelby General Hospital, a county owned facility. Equipment was removed, packed and crated in ocean shipping containers and shipped to the Ukraine in the NIS States where today it is operating Childrens Hospital.
1993 member FBC Pastor Search Committee
2000-2003 12th Grade Boys and girls Sunday School teacher
Member Center Rotary Club 1982
Past Director Center Rotary Club
During tenure as VP and President of Rotary, club raised over $60,000.00 on projects including Polio Plus and scholarships for local junior college.
Past Treasure Shelby County Ducks Unlimited
Member Sam Samford Masonic Lodge
2002-2004 First Baptist Church Youth Committee
2005-Present First Baptist Church Reception Committee
Center Independent School District
· 1981-1983 member Vocational Advisory Council
· 1989 to present member CISD Board of Trustees
· During my service on School Board, test scores have risen, completed numerous successful building projects, including new $12 Million High School.
Shelby Country Chamber of Commerce
· 1986 1989, 2002 2004, Director
· Past Chairman Economic Development Committee
· 1990 Recipient Outstanding Young Citizen of the Year-Shelby County
· Shelby Country American Cancer Society
· Fannie Brown Booth Memorial Library
· City of Center Hotel Motel Tax Advisory Committee: 1992- Present
· Director Bone Hill Foundation, over $3,000.00 in assets, with gifts made annually primarily for scholarships
· 1997: Appointed by Gov. George W. Bush, Texas Dept. Commerce Advisory Board
· 1997: Appointed by Gov. George W. Bush, Chairman Texas International Trade Commission
· Member Committee to develop and build Regional Vocational School Shelby County and New Community Park
· 2002 - Appointed by Govern Rick Perry to serve on the Govern Council on Science and Biotechnology Development.
Timber management Panola Jr. College
Reta-Refrigeration Eng. And Technicians Study Course
Frick Company Technician Certificate
Frick Company Salesman Engineering Certificate
Export Import Bank of the United States Training Certificate
Christian Life Study Courses through Southern Baptist Convention
1990-Present County Chairman Republican Party of Texas Shelby County
East Texas Regional Coordinator Clayton Williams for Governor Region
Consisted of 30 East Texas Counties
1994 Shelby County Co-Chairman George W. Bush for Governor
1994 State Co-Chairman George W. Bush for Governor
1990 and 1994 Delegate to State Republican Convention
1994-Present Associated Republicans of Texas Candidates Committee
1995-1997.1 Board of directors Lone Star 2000
1998 George Bush for Governor Steering Committee
1998 Rick Perry for Lt. Governor Steering Committee
1998 Todd Staples for State Senate Steering Committee
1999 Shelby County Chairman, George Bush for President
2000-2004 Participated in many local and statewide campaigns, Grass Roots Voter Organization of Republican Candidates, assisting candidates in fund raising.